We’re looking for a full-time Account Manager to join our software company in central Bristol.
100+ government organisations around the world use our products to consult the public and involve citizens in decision-making. Your job will be to retain and grow that customer base by building relationships, identifying new opportunities for people to use our tools and services, and by providing fantastic support to our current users.
This role is equal-parts reactive and proactive work: often, you’ll be responding to incoming enquiries or helping admin users when they flag up an issue. However, it’s also essential that you’re able to actively go out and engage with our customers and market. We need you to have an eye for new business, an understanding of how to expand a network and an enthusiasm for introducing more people to what we do.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring customers are happy, retained and would refer us on to other organisations. If we get this right, it’s an all-round win: we’re happy, our customers like working with us, and together we’re helping citizens connect better with decision-making.
Delib is a small company (there are about 20 of us in the whole team) and account management is key to the business – sitting between our customers, sales, and software development.
A ‘typical day’ is varied and isn’t always ‘typical’: it might involve meeting with our developers in the morning (we have a morning ‘stand-up’ each day), solving issues for our customers, speaking with them to ensure their needs are met and that they are happy, and more. Alternatively, you might find yourself in Whitehall visiting government departments or flying up to Edinburgh to present at a conference. To do this role, you need to be driven, inquisitive and open-minded, and happy to be flexible to ensure that customer needs are met. We are looking for people who search out opportunities to make things better and who get things done.
You’ll need to learn product knowledge and also, in time, become an expert in the market we work with – digital in government. It helps if you have a hook of interest in Delib – whether it’s an interest in government, in digital or just generally in doing a worthwhile job. We have teams in Australia and New Zealand and we often work with public sector organisations in Canada and the US as well, so your customer-base will be nicely varied.
We will expect you to:
- Be responsible for a specific set of our customers, and also assist our other account managers as needed.
- Work with the sales team to pitch and win opportunities, then take those customers through our on-boarding process. Maintain the account relationship and ensure we retain the customer.
- Build profile with our customers and the wider digital democracy/gov community by sharing news and thinking at events, via Twitter, blog posts, presentations etc.
- Communicate with customers by phone, email, and face to face
- Deliver product training, both face-to-face sessions and web-based screen-shares.
- Identify and grow opportunities within existing accounts where additional products/services can be useful to the customer.
- Manage feedback on product improvement.
- Help resolve support and account admin issues.
- Work with the production team to get customers’ needs met; be able to understand and translate technical queries between customer/developers and vice-versa.
- Seek references, recommendations & case study opportunities from customers.
- Be aware of legal frameworks and statutory information pertinent to our products.
- To be considered for this role, you almost certainly will have worked in account or project management for at least a couple of years, with a good understanding of how the job works.
We’re not looking for a fresh graduate (although we do hire those for other roles) or anyone else who needs the basics explained, so please don’t apply if that sounds like you.
We need you to be good with words and have a desire to learn. This is a consultative role, so warmth and personality count for a lot. All our jobs are pretty autonomous, so you’ll also have to be self-motivated, positive and determined.
Working with other time zones means, sometimes, your hours will shift (your day won’t always be a conventional 9-5).
Our office is a professional-yet-relaxed open plan environment. We’re a small, smart, hard-working team and you’ll be working closely with our senior sales consultant, our team of account and territory managers and our marketers.
We’re offering £27-30k depending on experience.
If this sounds good to you, please get in touch. Send us a cover letter (to Jayne@delib.net) and your CV. We’re more interested in covering letters than in CVs. If we like the look of yours, we’ll get you in for a standard hiring interview.
We follow the HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard and you will therefore need to satisfy basic eligibility criteria/certain conditions of employment (e.g. nationality rules/right to work); and provide appropriate documentation to verify ID, nationality, employment and/or academic history, criminal record (unspent convictions only).
We will not accept applications via recruitment companies.