We Love Local Government
I ran across the We Love Local Government blog this week. It’s mixes practical tips for getting stuff done with fun insight into what it’s like to work in local government right now. Couple of links:
One straightforward ‘how to’ piece about micro-participation. Sales pitch: we can help you with that if you’re interested (end of sales pitch). The other piece from Podnosh was intended to be thought-provoking, and is.
- Micro-participation connects citizens to their governments.
- Interesting post from Podnosh – why doesn’t government have reservists?
Place-shaping – another buzzword, or the future of local government? Controversial to some but gaining acceptance, here are a couple of pieces on place shaping
- Local government as place shapers (Guardian)
- Place shaping in Bristol with #seenoevil – world’s largest permanent street art installation
“The Dave Briggs corner”
The ever-helpful and prolific Dave Briggs does a great job of delivering straightforward, practical advice for local government, police + NHS staff who just need to get on with communication, consultation and engagement.
- Police, Twitter and riots (based on research by Cisco Systems)
- What is RSS
- (also Dave has ‘what is…?’ documents for blogging, Twitter, Facebook and more)
Can’t keep up with blogs? Forgetful? Prefer email? Our digital democracy digest goes out by email about once a month. It’s free (obviously), and we won’t spam you (obviously). Features tips & tricks, useful links, plus digital democracy news & thinking from us & around the web.
Here’s a recent example (with a signup form, in case you fancy it).