Delib is a global digital democracy company of around 25 people, providing digital tools to connect citizens with government. Our main office, a grade 2 listed building, is on King Street in Bristol and we have staff working in Australia and New Zealand. Here in the UK, we share the Bristol office with our sister company, Rubber Republic, who write, shoot and distribute fantastic online films. We are a well-established and growing business.
We’re looking for a new Office Manager for Delib (we’re also recruiting for another new Office Manager for Rubber Republic). The Office Manager role is integral to the support and success of Delib and you will have a lot of autonomy and accountability from day one. Your colleagues are excellent, the working environment is open and friendly and the role carries a lot of responsibility and trust.
Your role is split into two:
- Supporting Delib staff in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. This includes a wide range of company operations, including (but not limited to) HR, recruitment, event support, finance, systems, suppliers and information security.
- Supporting the office in general such as covering phones, intercom, general admin, building management and facilities. These tasks will be shared with our part-time Office Manager Jayne and the new Office Manager for Rubber Republic, so you must work well together to ensure nothing gets dropped.
You need to think globally. Delib is a registered company in Australia, New Zealand and the UK and each territory has a range of essential and varying operational requirements. We also have customers in other areas of the world. You will be responsible for ensuring the requirements for each territory are met and for supporting each company, wherever needed. You’ll have a big to do list and lots of different staff members relying on you to keep all the plates spinning – we need an excellent organiser. The ability to prioritise the needs of staff from all territories and constantly maintain communication across all territories is key. You’ll be proactive, ensuring that we operate effectively on a global, not just local scale.
Due to differing time zones, you will need to be flexible and adapt your working hours to accommodate calls in the early morning and late evening when needed.
In a nutshell, your role is to support the company and the people in it. This can range from clearing out the fridge to resolving HR issues, making insurance claims and organising company events. Therefore, it is essential that you have a positive and helpful attitude so that the team feel comfortable asking you for help. You must be able to keep calm under pressure, problem solve and re-prioritise your work load at short notice.
Key responsibilities – The needs of each territory can vary, but this is a general overview.
- Systems and suppliers: Be responsible for Delib’s password and supplier systems and any other records essential to business operations. Ensure that our suppliers comply with company policy and that services meet company needs, including insurance policies. Organise the diary so that we don’t miss essential renewals and deadlines.
- Tech and equipment: Manage our equipment (allocation, configuration and return) and resolve problems with staff laptops or other office equipment including the phone system.
- Human Resources: Oversee all aspects of the recruitment process: posting job ads, processing applications, holding phone interviews, inducting new starters and following the process for leavers. Look after aspects of HR for current staff including arranging training, holidays and sickness management, involvement in disputes and disciplinary processes.
- Finance: complete all aspects of monthly payroll, report purchases to the Finance Manager and support the finance team as required. Resolve any issues with credit cards and company accounts.
- Information Security: Work with the Information Security team to create, implement and follow policy to ensure that company operations and the building systems are secure. Assist with internal and external audits in line with ISO 27001. Understand our policy, flag any risks, report and respond to security incidents and work to promote best practice.
- Events and support: Organise event bookings, trips, company away days and travel itineraries.
- Building Management: Ensure the utilities in the entire building operate as expected and be a first point of contact for the other businesses renting space. Liaise with the building owners to ensure that any issues are resolved. This includes organising repairs, managing security and key holders, running Health & Safety tests, organising services and liaising with the cleaners.
- Facilities Management: The working environment needs to be as pleasant as possible with all equipment fully functioning including computers, printers and the telephone system. Be responsible for the renewal of supplier contracts, organising repairs, Health & Safety obligations and training, managing meeting rooms and ordering in supplies as needed.
- Reception cover: Handle incoming calls and cover the intercom to welcome visitors and collect any post and deliveries.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years of experience in a similar Office Manager role or with managing teams. You should have experience in a role with high levels of responsibility.
- HR experience – dealing with sensitive HR processes/issues and being entrusted with confidential information.
- Highly computer literate, specifically experience with using Apple Mac laptops would be beneficial. Must be very confident with setting up and using Excel and Word documents and generally proficient navigating systems and databases.
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
- Thrive on working autonomously and able to prioritise, plan and organise effectively to manage a diverse workload, even when under pressure.
- Have confidence to make suggestions and influence change.
- Highly developed communication skills with an open and transparent approach.
- A personable down to earth nature, able to work at all levels.
- Personal integrity and discretion.
- Willingness to learn, try new things and progress.
Salary and benefits
- This is a full-time position and we offer a salary of £24 – £30K per annum depending. on experience.
- 24 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Enjoyable working environment in an excellent location.
- Training budget.
- Your own Mac which you can take home if you wish.
- Decent chairs and desk setup.
- Fruit boxes delivered twice a week and a kitchen packed with tea and coffee.
- We are hoping to hire and train both Office Managers for Rubber Republic and Delib as soon as practically possible. You will be invited to a phone interview, face to face interview and then a trial period in the office to give you a good feel for the role.
- If you think you are the right person for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to Lorna@teamrubber.com. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be accepted.
- We follow the HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard and you will therefore need to satisfy basic eligibility criteria/certain conditions of employment (e.g. nationality rules/right to work); and provide appropriate documentation to verify ID, nationality, employment and/or academic history, criminal record (unspent convictions only).
- No applications will be accepted via recruitment companies. Closing date: As soon as the right applicant is found.