Delib is a global digital democracy company of around 25 people, providing digital tools to connect citizens with government. We have staff based in central Bristol, Australia and New Zealand. We are a well-established and growing business. Here in Bristol we have a modern open plan office, which we share with our sister company.
We’re looking for an experienced office manager, who can nail the typical office management tasks, whilst being keen to take on extra challenges and responsibilities.
Typical Office Manager responsibilities:
- Facilities management
- Health & safety
- Supplies and supplier management
- General administration
- Reception cover
- Manage our devices (allocation, configuration and return)
- Trouble-shoot Mac and other device issues for staff (you need to be tech savvy)
- Human resources management and record maintenance
- Manage various systems including password storage and supplier records
- Calendar management for essential renewal dates and meetings
- Manage the payroll and support the finance team as required
- Work with the Information Security team to flag any risks, report and respond to security incidents and work to promote best practice.
- Organise event bookings, trips, company away days and travel itineraries.
- Be a master key-holder for the office and respond to emergency out-of-hours situations (this is just for our office floor, not the entire building)
You’ll have a big to do list and lots of autonomy and accountability. Your colleagues will be relying on you to keep all the plates spinning, so we need an excellent organiser. We have a welcoming and hard working team here; the working environment is open and friendly and you will work to support pretty much everyone across the company.
Delib is a registered company in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. Due to differing time zones and being an emergency on-call contact for the building, you will need to be flexible and adapt your working hours to accommodate early morning and late evening work when needed (this is not very frequent but is a key part of the role).
In a nutshell, your role is to support the company and the people in it. Therefore, it is essential that you have a positive and helpful attitude so that the team feel comfortable asking you for help. You must be able to keep calm under pressure, problem solve and re-prioritise your workload at short notice.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years of experience in a similar Office Manager role or with managing teams. You should have experience in a role with high levels of responsibility.
- HR experience – dealing with sensitive HR processes/issues and being entrusted with confidential information.
- Highly computer literate, specifically experience with using Apple Mac laptops would be beneficial. Must be very confident with setting up and using Excel and Word documents and generally proficient navigating systems and databases.
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
Salary and benefits
- This is a full-time position and we offer a salary of £22 – £26K per annum depending on experience.
- 24 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Enjoyable working environment in an excellent location.
- Training budget.
- Your own MacBook which you can take home if you wish.
- Decent chairs and desk setup.
- Fruit boxes delivered twice a week, bacon on Fridays and a kitchen packed with tea, coffee and snacks.
- Initially, you may be invited to a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview and then a trial period in the office to give you a good feel for the role.
- If you think you are the right person for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to Lorna@delib.net. We don’t accept applications without a cover letter.
- We follow the HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard and you will therefore need to satisfy basic eligibility criteria/certain conditions of employment (e.g. nationality rules/right to work); and provide appropriate documentation to verify ID, nationality, employment and/or academic history, criminal record (unspent convictions only).
Closing date: 30th May 2018
We do not use or take calls from recruitment companies.